List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    SVN and non-recursive checkout
From:       Krzysztof Lichota <krzysiek () lichota ! net>
Date:       2005-05-04 23:55:43

I was trying to get contents of kde-i18n and only "pl" subdirectory.
I thought that -N option does the trick, but I always get "svn:
'something' is not under version control" when I try to update in such
directory.

I have tried doing things according to subversion introduction (on
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/subversion/). There is
the following example:

"Now, let's suppose you want to check out KDE, and KOffice. While you
can repeat the steps above for each of the modules, you can also try the
following, for which there is no CVS equivalent:
svn checkout -N <protocol>://<username>@svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/
cd trunk
svn up KDE koffice"

I have tried it and it doesn't work:
krzysiek@anna:~/svn> svn checkout -N
https://klichota@svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/
Checked out revision 409539.
krzysiek@anna:~/svn> cd trunk/
krzysiek@anna:~/svn/trunk> svn up koffice
svn: 'koffice' is not under version control

Anyone having similar problems? It is the same for trunk and branches.

Maybe someone has better way to do that?

Regards

	Krzysztof Lichota (Polish team)