List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KDE_3_4_BRANCH: kdegraphics/kolourpaint/tools (silent)
From:       Marek Laane <bald () starman ! ee>
Date:       2005-04-30 23:10:47

Ühel kaunil päeval (pühapäev, 1. mai 2005 01:56) kirjutas Bram Schoenmakers:
> Krzysztof Lichota, you wrote something like this:
> > 1. Translators not always have expertise in English to tell if this is
> > an error or not - in most cases English is not their native language.
>
> Nonsense. Each string is reviewed by ~70 pairs of eyes. At least one of
> them should be able to detect the error and do something about it
> (submitting a bugreport or fix the text him/herself).
>
> > 	Krzysztof Lichota (Polish team)
>
> Kind regards,

Well, it may be so but proposed changes were not INCORRECT English, they were
just corrections for American English (neighbor~neighbour) and for KDE
conventions (picture's size~size of the picture). I don't think most
translators have (or have to be) so full knowledge about such kind of
conventions. The changes were not even typos, just stylistic/spelling
corrections.

Marek Laane
Estonian translator