List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KDE4 (Translation Scripting)
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2005-04-22 10:33:49

I've updated the proposal for translation scripting, describing better
handling of external scripting files (section 2.2) and adding performance
benchmarks with detailed test setups (section 3.3):

http://caslav.gmxhome.de/writings/ktranscript.html

External scripting files (scripting modules) are now organized in a more
logical manner, so that they no longer have to be loaded in each script in
PO file, and may be supplied with translations of KDE apps outside of KDE
repository.

Performance, based on tested cases and considerations, is such that I
believe users cannot feel the performance hit. And if they can (very slow
machine), they can turn off scripting, e.g. via checkbox in language
selection module. Please report if something seems fishy or too
optimistic :)

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)
Serbian KDE translation team