List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    KDE_3_4_BRANCH: new translatable string?
From:       David Jarvie <software () astrojar ! org ! uk>
Date:       2005-03-06 23:03:43

In kdepim/kalarm, I want to introduce a new error message string. In KAlarm's
Preferences dialog, there is currently an option to enter a command line to
invoke a terminal window. This command is then used whenever a command alarm
is executed, so as to display its execution in a terminal window. If the
command doesn't work, the alarm silently fails to execute. There was
previously no validation on what is entered in the Preferences dialog, and
partly in response to a user's request, I think that there should be a
warning message displayed if the entered command is unusable due to the
program not existing on the system. Is it permissible to add such an error
message into KDE 3.4 branch?

The proposed error message is "Command to invoke terminal window not found:
\n%1" (where %1 is replaced by the program name entered), and offers the user
the option to continue or cancel.

Can I add this string, or do I need to continue failing without an error being
displayed?

Cheers,
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author.