List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: What is this?
From:       a.celli () jumpy ! it
Date:       2005-02-25 12:52:59

>You've obviously forgotten how you got your cvs account. Noone can commit
>the repository without a cvs account provided by a KDE administrator.

I have NO cvs account
I registred "zioandrea" on Pottle using a junk e-mail address
I was able to changed a PO file
I did this one our ago!

In a week, a month, when I donwload PO's via anoncvs,
i'll don't receive any log. For that i know, this PO was
changed by scripty or by an authorized translator/developper
not by some "zioandrea"!

My problem isn't "Is it rigth or wrong?"
My problem is "this can generate conflcts and duplicate work!"
This problem is more relevant  if nobody warns national teams
about existence of this new source of translations.

Some teams know existence of Pottle ( Pottle domain is .za,
it's quite "natural" that kde-i18n knows Pottle ;D) and use it.
Very well. No problem !!!

But i consider dangerous if Pottle gives to everybody the possibility
to change every PO of every team without warning nobody.
At least they have to warn responsables of each team.

If i was the responsable of mine team and I was asked about the possibility
to use Pottle for kde-18n-it,  I'd answer: "Well this seems a great idea.

But i'd was better(=saver) if when somebody change a PO via Pottle
an email containing diff was sent to this bla@bla.it or to the 'official'
translator."

bye, Andrea Celli