List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Quanta documentation patch
From:       Lauri Watts <lauri () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-02-22 21:32:07

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 20.50, Federico Zenith wrote:
> Alle 20:40, marted́ 22 febbraio 2005, Lauri Watts ha scritto:
> > On Tuesday 22 February 2005 20.15, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >  Here is a patch for the Quanta documentation which would be nice to
> > > have it, at least in the English version. It adds some links and
> > > corrects a section which was completely wrong (the description of the
> > > XML files used by Quanta).
> >
> > I have this, thank's for the update.
>
> Excuse me Lauri, I must be misunderstanding...
> This update has not been committed to CVS less than 4 hours from the final
> freeze, right?

You do indeed misunderstand :) As has been the case for the last several
releases, and as noted in the notice I posted here three weeks ago, I collect
these patches during the freeze time, and commit them into CVS after kde-i18n
is tagged (and before the other modules are).

This way, we can compromise and get updated english documentation, while
providing a (relatively) stable target for translation, and the changes will
show up in the BRANCH when that is open.

This time, we also experimented with a limited unfreeze for the docs, but I'm
not very happy with the results (far too many breaks outside the limits that
were set), so I think we will probably go back to patch collecting for
everything for the next release.

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts