List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Dangerous examples
From:       Gregory Mokhin <mokhin () bog ! msu ! ru>
Date:       2005-02-21 19:49:48

Rinse de Vries wrote:

>>Commits with changes of strings that go without approval from i18n
>>list *violate freeze policy* and should be reverted unconditionally, no?
>>
>>Maybe it sounds too strict, but otherwise it will never end...
>

> I think we need a less black&white freeze.

Mostly when authors ask at this list, teams don't mind, so it's not
black and white.

Some authors don't care to ask or don't know that they should ask.
First revert will make them more aware of the existence of the policy.

And whatever policy it is, once it is adopted, it should be followed,
otherwise it is useless.

> lets say that the freeze 2 weeks, then the first week is open for fixing
> typo's, the second week only after aprovement of the translators, and 3 days
> before total freeze, no fixing of typo's are possible.

Give us more air :), most of the teams are not working on translation
full time...

Gregory