List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Do you rely on CVS history?
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-02-12 17:03:19

On Saturday 12 February 2005 16:02, Gregory Mokhin wrote:
> > What I would like to know: does this conflict with the way some of the
> > tools or teams work? Please let me know, so I can decide for the best
> > strategy.
>
> I don't think we need cvs history. But before i18n is changed to
> subversion, it is better to educate a little translators how to use
> it, (e.g. Cervisia and KBabel have some cvs functions built in and
> they obviously will stop functioning).
It's not just the translators. Fixing kbabel should be easy as cvs update
will turn into svn update and cvs commit will turn into svn commit. But
of course cervisia won't work and e.g. the checkout of a branch will require
a different syntax.

> > P.S. it won't happen tomorrow, but soon.
>
> Hopefully not before 3.4?
No, definitely not. But shortly after as time permits.

> Will it be necessary to check out the whole KDE repository from the
> scratch?
It will be necessary, yes.

Greetings, Stephan

Hasiti Lapé Hetep Malu Mир Wolakota Santiphap Irini Peoch
Shanti Vrede Baris Rój Mír Taika Rongo Sulh Py'guapy 평화