List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Add Russian voice to KTTS
From:       Gary Cramblitt <garycramblitt () comcast ! net>
Date:       2005-02-05 16:19:38

On Saturday 05 February 2005 11:01 am, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> On Saturday 05 February 2005 12:12 pm, Federico Zenith wrote:
> > > Also, I *should* update the KTTS Handbook (kdeaccessibility/doc/kttsd)
> > > to add instructions for obtaining and using the Russian voice.  May I
> > > do that?
> >
> > ...this would break the translation, since the docs must be 100% to be
> > translated... if you want to do it, do it FAST so people have time to
> > translate it. Currently, however, there are only the pt_br, pt, sv and it
> > translations ready, so you won't break much.
>
> I've decided not to touch the handbook.  Instead, I updated the KTTSD
> website at http://accessibility.kde.org/developer/kttsd/.

Gregory Mokhin convinced me to change my mind.  I've added instructions for
the Russian voice to the Handbook in order to encourage this fledgling
russian voice.  Apologies to existing translations.  Changes are in the
"requirements" and "using-with-festival" sections.

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)
KDE Text-to-Speech Maintainer