Op maandag 31 januari 2005 20:03, schreef Stephan Kulow: > How naive - sorry. Just because the code is GPL doesn't mean translations > you add on top of it have to be GPL too. If you change translations that > are released under GPL (as they seem to intend) you have to distribute your > changes freely available too. But if you add new translations, there is > nothing binding to do so. Ok, I thought that since translations can be seen as derived work of the original file it automaticly falls under the same gpl-license as the original. How does KDE deal with this? E.g. how does KDE know that a translator (me for instance :) does not use a propietary license for his/her translations of kde? Rinse