List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Question about xsldbg documentation
From:       Keith Isdale <k_isdale () tpg ! com ! au>
Date:       2005-01-30 4:08:29

Hi Sander,

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 06:53 pm, Alexander S. Koning wrote:
> Keith Isdale wrote on 2005-01-28 10:33 +1000 regarding Re: Question about
xsldbg documentation:
> > > msgid "NUMBER_OF_FRAMES : A valid line number frames to change
> > > position by"
> > > msgstr ""
> > >
> > > Could you please enlighten me about this message, as I cannot get hold
> > > of its exact meaning (and as such, am unable to correctly translate
> > > it).
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance for your help.
> >
> > Thanks for noticing this documention error. To my eyes this msgid would
> > read better if it said :
> >   msgid "NUMBER_OF_FRAMES : A valid number frames to change position by"
>
> Thanks for your fast reply.

For your information : The problem text is from a "glossary of terms" were I
am trying to define the meaning of "NUMBER_OF_FRAMES"

> I might just be sleeping here, but what is the difference between the
> original text and your proposed correction? I don't spot any ;)

The original message started with "A valid line number frames", my first
suggestion dropped the word "line" from the definition, try again :

 msgid "NUMBER_OF_FRAMES : A valid number of frames to change "
   "position by"

alternatively  :

  msgid "NUMBER_OF_FRAMES : The number frames to change position by"

> And now we're at it, I've found another entity which I'm not able to
> translate easily. In the xsldbg_commands file:
>
> #. Tag: para
> #: commands.docbook:252
> #, no-c-format
> msgid   "Print list of external General Parsed entities used data file "
>         "(document)"
> msgstr  ""

Maybe this makes for better English:

 msgid   "Print the list of external General Parsed Entities present in "
      "the XML Data file (document)"

--
Keith Isdale