List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re[2]: Misleading entries in kdelibs.po
From:       Funda Wang <fundawang () linux ! net ! cn>
Date:       2005-01-29 13:40:02

Stephan> Before each string you find the file and the line it's used in. Someone will
Stephan> have to look them all up and create a patch. Nothing speaks against giving
Stephan> context to misleading strings, but I see no one doing the work for you. Any
Stephan> volunteers?
I'm afraid this is not the something which cannot be solved in code
level.

Let's take kscd as an example. There is a "&Next" item in its ui file,
which means "Next track". But scripty won't extract it out, because
scripty thinks it looks the same as the one inside kdelibs.po. In other
hand, "&Next" item inside kdelibs.po represents several meanings such as
most commonly used meaning, which is not suitable for kscd.

Of course, a patch to kscd might fix this. But a final solution on such issue
would be better.