List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Coordination
From:       Eduard Werner <edi.werner () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-01-23 10:48:08

Njedźelu 23 januara 200510:04, Bozidar Proevski pisaše:
> Hello to all
>
> I have an interesting question (for me at least). What are my rights as a
> coordinator of a language translation project? I mean, what if somebody (a
> person or a company) was to contact KDE (i.e. the officials) and say "We
> think that we are doing a better job translating <langXX> than <coordinator
> of langXX>'s team. Can we take over? (with CVS access, removing access for
> <coordinator> etc.)". What is the policy of KDE about such matters?

Just my own 2c: The KDE officials can hardly sort out such stuff because they
are no experts for language XX -- that's exactly what the translation teams
are for. IMHO, the only possibility would be to let matters sort out
themselves and take no steps -- which would mean that the old coordinator is
the new coordinator. Theoretically, it should be possible to create a new
team and have two variants of one language available (though I would not like
that if I were a KDE official).

But shouldn't it be possible for both teams then to work *together* instead of
*against each other* wasting precious time and effort?

Cheers

Edi
Coordinator and main translator of the Upper Sorbian Team
(right now green with envy about others having obviously a problem with too
many translators :-)