List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Question about kbabel! what is your opinion
From:       heiko.evermann () gmx ! de
Date:       2005-01-09 20:18:37

Hi Edans,
> I got responsible for the introduction, and now i am collecting
>  information about the kde-sdk package. Looking at kbabel
>  application, i have seen a nice *.po editor. Although, I would
>  like to know, from the mantainers, what the benefits for a
>  translator to use kbabel over other *.po editors. Actually i have
>  seen that the main benefit is the integration with konqueror, and
>  of course, integration with dictionaries. But i really want to
>  know from u both, what do u think is the main benefits of it over
>  other tools (like poEdit).
I have not used the Konqueror integration of KBabel. I did not even know that
there is one. I always use catalogmanager as entry point, to get an overview
about the statistics.

To me the most important feature of KBabel is the translation database, a
database of all the previously used strings within one translation project.
That helps a lot to have a consistent translation.

Kind regards,

Heiko Evermann