List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [KDE-i18n-nl] Powerpoint-presentation about Po-translation vs
From:       Kevin Donnelly <kevin () dotmon ! com>
Date:       2004-10-10 14:49:15

On Sunday 10 October 2004 12:11 pm, Rinse de Vries wrote:
> It's about a new translation style using XML, compared to propietary
> translations and opensource, like KDE.

Interesting, but given the shortcomings of the XML approach in .qt files, it
probably needs a bit more development before it can be considered as a
replacement for .po files.  It may have legs for large corporations, who need
a system that will handle multiple languages on a workflow basis, and for
whom control of costs (ie staff time) is important, but I think it would be
overkill for smaller projects.

--

Pob hwyl (Best wishes)

Kevin Donnelly