List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kdebase/kioslave/devices/mimetypes
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-09-26 10:19:01

On Sunday 26 September 2004 03:48, Malcolm Hunter wrote:
> On Sunday 26 Sep 2004 02:47, Frans Englich wrote:
> > On Sunday 26 September 2004 01:37, you wrote:
> > > CVS commit by mhunter:
> > >
> > > Removed white space in Comment
> >
> > I have some vague memory this caused trouble in code. This is a tricky
> > bug, and people will easily make the mistake again, couldn't a
> > stripWhiteSpace() in the relevant code be done?
>
> I agree, though I don't know how the strings are extracted.

For .desktop files, it is all in kde-i18n/Makefile.am.in , extracting is the
"desktop" target, merging the "desktops" target.
(Before committing make sure that either Stephan Kulow or I has reviewed the
change.)

However I am not sure if it should be done only as warning or as modifying
the .desktop file directly.

Have a nice day!