List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    KHangMan data and kdeedu in general
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2004-09-13 15:15:53

Hi all translation teams,

Here is to remind you that my game KHangMan in kdeedu module needs some data
translation. Currently 20 languages are available but only 3 (fr, en and it)
are complete. The 17 other languages would need hints for each word (files
needs to be converted in kvtml).

And all the languages that have no data would need a set of data in your
language if possible.

How to do so? Please see:
http://edu.kde.org/khangman/add_language.php

If you commit the data directly in your module, just be sure to send me an
email (or CCMAIL:annemarie.mahfouf@free.fr your commit) so I add credit and
update the website. I also need to retrieve the data for the KNewStuff
download.

In a perfect world, it would be a good idea for each i18n team to have a
KDE-Edu correspondant, someone who would be specialized in Edu applications
and willing to work with me in order to improve/detect i18n problems related
to kdeedu programs. But I know that in the real world you translators already
work hard and have often not enough people in your teams.

I am always happy to solve any KDE-Edu i18n-related problem so don't hesitate
to tell me when things are not correctly done, either in data or in the
programs strings.

Maybe what I could do is a webpage somewhere which list all special data that
need to be translated/done in kdeedu with the relevant links. Like
KLettres: record sounds <link>
KHangMan: kvtml data files <link>
KTurtle: keywords translations <link>

Comments?