List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Fwd: KDE_3_3_BRANCH: kdelibs/kdoctools
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-08-31 18:35:44

On Sunday 29 August 2004 21:54, Claudiu Costin wrote:
>       Hi,
>
> On Duminică 29 August 2004 18:43, Nicolas Goutte wrote:

No! Misspelled strings are part of the message freeze.

Only if the string is so bad that a user could misunderstood it (especially if
he could lose data because of the misunderstanding), then you can change it.

(The longer the message freeze so the more serious the misunderstanding must
be.)

> If you not allowed fixing bugs, then why about care fixing in "stable"
> branches? Of course you will change 50 languages with one change, but tell
> me why 50 teams haven't seen these bugs before? If you don't report them,
> then somewhere in future you'll be "hit" in the nice 100% translated stable
> branch with these fixes.

If a misspelled string is not seen before message freeze (or in the very few
days of the message freeze), then it remains buggy in American English.

As I have written to somebody, it is not the little string that is really the
problem, but if we start fixing all such strings at the same time well after
message freeze, then it becomes a big problem, due to the mass.

> kind regards,

Have a nice day!