List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: flags and countries
From:       Marko Rosic <roske () kde ! org ! yu>
Date:       2004-08-26 9:38:04

On среда 25 август 2004 21:36, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> Why? I do not know. We were talking about a Serbian flag and one came
> up. (I did not realised that it was committed in the wrong directory.)

I have commited the Serbian flag to the right directory. That was
definitly no place for the Suriname flag, I don't know how it got there
in the first place.
The thing about flags and other symbols is quite a problem in Serbia and
Montenegro. Well for those who don't know, these are two republics of the
former Yugoslavia, and this is also the name for one country or
something. It's future existance is in question.

The thing about flags is that Serbia and Montenegro separatly have the
same flag, though politicians in Montenegro claim that their blue is a
lighter one. It might be so, because it has faded under the strong Sun
they have, though historicaly this is pure nonsence.
Serbia and Montenegro as one country is currently using Yugoslav flag, and
there is a parlament debate about the new one (with two blues).

I think it's quite logical to use Serbian flag for SR, and Yugoslav or
that future thing for YU. YU country code is now CS, except in domains
where it is still .yu.

About the language Serbian is spoken both in Serbia and Montenegro.

--
Срдачан поздрав,
Марко  осић - Marko Rosić