List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: flags and countries
From:       Gérard_Delafond <gerard () delafond ! org>
Date:       2004-08-23 8:25:18

Le lundi 23 Août 2004 09:25, Nicolas Goutte a écrit :

> Of course this rule does not really solve the question about French Oversea
> Territories. However they are not French Oversea Departments either, so the
> French flag is probably not automatical.
La Réunion is french department since 1946. The senator lives beside to my
home in Paris ;-)
As La Réunion is politically part of France and has no local flag, I suppose
using french flag for it would be just normal.

> I suppose that for Groenland, the problem is similar.
OK, give Groenlands flag
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/flags/gl-flag.html
 or danish one, but don't let Thule whith no flag.

> As for Antarctica, I would say to keep it without flags. (It is supposed
> not to have any territory claims ...in theory.)
OK for antarctica. Perhaps give a nicer flag than the actual one. A GNU ? A
Tux ?

> Have a nice day!

So for you !

Gerard