I have emailed Clarence about looking at this thread. Have a nice day! On Friday 23 July 2004 14:16, Adriaan de Groot wrote: > On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, Federico Zenith wrote: > > > i18n ("

%1 the %2 to" > > > " %3x%4 may take a substantial amount of memory." > > > " This can reduce system" > > > " responsiveness and cause other application > > > resource" " problems.

Are you sure want to %5 the" > > > " %6?

") > > > > This is i18n minefield. It is assuming that all languages have a certain > > syntax, and nothing can be farther from the truth. > > I would say that fixing this issue is important enough to break the > > freeze. Just imagine a language with the accusative case (say German, > > Russian, Arabic, Esperanto): how are they supposed to know, when they > > translate "image", that it will be used as an object an not a subject? > > I will produce a patch shortly and post it to -devel and -i18n-doc, so it > can be considered properly.