List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: translations on kde 3.3
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-07-17 10:38:10

Am Samstag 17 Juli 2004 09:49 schrieb Heiko Evermann:
> It is a bit unfortunate that such problems appear so long after the
> checkin, but at least there is still some time till the release of 3.3
> to solve the problems.
That's the way it is :)

I think, letting the user decide is the wrong way. I think, a good solution
would be to label those languages that are valuable fallbacks for a specific
language. And only if en/C is in the list of such fallbacks, it should be
used.

So you would specify FallbackLang=de in nds/messages/entry.desktop
and this way applications that have neither nds nor de translation would
appear in pure english.

Greetings, Stephan