List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Localization Survey
From:       "\(1172\)" <nadirdurrani () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-06-10 16:24:30

Dear Zeini Assalam o alekum

Hope that you would be fine... I am doing a survey on languages that are based on \
Arabic Script ... Farsi is one of them . I need to collect some information . I need \
to check Farsi support on Locale Defination on  KDE , Gnome , Support on Open Office \
, Mozilla etc . Can you help me regarding this if yes I have lots of queries pending \
for you.
Secondly I need to collect information about your human resources

How many members your team comprises of :

Your Developers , Your Translators , Linguist ( if any ) and other localization \
activities ( groups ) you guys are involved in ???
I hope you would respond as soon as possible so that we can continue discussion.

Regards & Allah hafiz

Nadir

Arash Zeini <a.zeini@farsikde.org> wrote:
In a message dated Friday 16 April 2004 14:17, (1172) wrote:

> Hello all ,
>
> We are working on live CD named Knoppix to make get Urdu support in it
> . We have managed to get some of the applications like kword , kedit ,
> kpresnter etc displayed in Urdu ... also we have managed the keyboard
> support in it ...
>
> There are two problems we are currently facing
>
> 1. We are unable to save the file names in Urdu , as soon as we do it ,
> it displays ??? ( question marks ) in Urdu when we see it from konqueror
> , also the urdu part of data inside the file is displayed as ??? (
> question marks ) ... I've tried setting Urdu font in Konqueror ,,, it
> doesn't work

Make sure you have chosen the right font (Urdu support) for the "Desktop"
in the font part of Control Center.
I don't think you need UTF-8 in the kernel, but make sure that you have
chosen a UTF-8 locale for your system. On a Debian the command "locale"
shows your locale settings. If you get "LANG=en_US.UTF-8", then all shoudl
be fine.

--
The FarsiKDE Project
www.farsik