List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Error i18n-compilation KOrganizer documentation
From:       Tom Albers <toma () omat ! nl>
Date:       2004-05-31 17:58:19

Hi,

The compilation of index.docbook of KOrganizer docbook fails, after
investigation I think the problem is in this part of the original docbook:

- -------- Original index.docbook -------------
<variablelist>

<varlistentry>
<listitem><para>
</para></listitem>
</varlistentry>

<varlistentry>
<listitem><para>
</para></listitem>
</varlistentry>

[etc]

The output of update_xml is:

found empty tag para
found empty tag para
[etc]
found empty tag listitem
found empty tag listitem
[etc]
index.docbook:2559: element varlistentry: validity error : Element
varlistentry content does not follow the DTD, expecting (term+ , listitem),
got (term )
</varlistentry>
               ^
index.docbook:2567: element varlistentry: validity error : Element
varlistentry content does not follow the DTD, expecting (term+ , listitem),
got (term )
</varlistentry>
               ^
[etc]
- ------------------------------

In the merged docbook I see:

- ---------- merged---------------------------------------
variablelist>

<varlistentry>
<term
> <guilabel
> Automatisch verzenden vernieuwen</guilabel                                          \
>  </term>
                                                                                      \
</varlistentry>

<varlistentry>
<term
> <guilabel
> IMIP-antwoorden automatisch invoegen</guilabel                                      \
>  </term>

</varlistentry>

If you look closely, you see that the <listitem> is removed because it is
empty. Because it is removed, it is not possible to compile....

As a solution I have added a 'to be written...' text to the empty listitems.

Because I tink all i18n-teams have this problem, I have comitted this change.
I hope nobody objects to this.

Tom Albers
kde.nl