List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Language fall-back: proposal for a solution
From:       Heiko Evermann <Heiko.Evermann () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-05-16 16:41:02

Hi Nicolas,

>Oops, there is probably one problem remaining: the plurals.

I have had a closer look. This might be a problem indeed. At the moment
klocale will only remember the plural type for the main language.

So we would have to remember the plural type for all installed
languages. (e.g. in an associative array that maps iso-codes to plural
types) And when we look up a string and find out that it contains plural
handling, we have a look at the language where we found the translation
and use the plural handling of that language. That might mean that
KCatalog should get a new member variable "QString : language".

OK, it starts getting a bit complicated. Is there anything else that we
need to consider? At the moment I still think that it is worth the effort.

Kind regards,

Heiko Evermann