Sunday 16 May 2004 14:14, Nicolas Goutte pisaĊĦe: > > > the user selected in kcontrol.) > > > > I think that I understand more what you have meant. > > > > The key of our problem is the member function: > > > > void KLocale::initCatalogue( KCatalogue & catalog ) > > { > > catalog.setFileName( catalogueFileName( language(), catalog ) ); > > } > > > > as it is the one who sets the file name of the catalogue. > > > > So indeed, unlike what I had understood of those classes, KCatalogue can > > be used unchanged and the changes can probably be localized only in > > KLocale. > > > > And as KLocale::initCatalogue is a private non-virtual member function, > > you have even the luck to be able to remove it altogether. > > Oops, there is probably one problem remaining: the plurals. > > For Low Saxon versus German, it probably does not matter, as it is probably > the same plural scheme, but for Sorbian, it probably does, as Sorbian is a > Slavik language. Definitely. It will also matter e.g. for Slovene in Austria or Italy (and unfortunately also breaks my suggestion of merging different languages together on the fly). Cheers Edi