Fredag 14. mai 2004 23:52 skreiv Heiko Evermann: > Hi everyone, > > one user of our Low Saxon translation pointed us to a problem: > He wanted to use the languages > 1) Low Saxon (nds) > 2) Standard German (de) whenever there is no nds translation > 3) English if there is no translation into nds nor de. > > I had thought that this gets evaluated on an entry by entry basis > (msgstr by msgstr). It used to work that way back in KDE 2, when Norwegian Nynorsk was "no_NY" and Norwegian Bokmål was "no". no_NY would fall back first to no and then to English. For a long time, I thought this was how it was supposed to be, but I discovered that it did not work the other way around (no->no_NY->en), nor did it work anymore after we switched to the proper ISO codes nn and nb. I was told it was a bug, not a feature :) I think it may be related to one code being a substring of the other, but I haven't investigated it further. I don't know if the fallback was decided by Gettext or KDE. Regards, Gaute Hvoslef Kvalnes