Thank you for your answer. Tom Albers wrote: >Volker Jockheck wrote: > > >>is this really the case that the blank fields are changed to english >>strings in the mo-file? >> >> >Well, I guess these are not changed to anything, there is just no translation available for the english text. >A possible solution is not to start with a emty template, but start with the german .po. >That way all the strings will be german exept the strings that you translate/change. >That way no english text should ever be visible, unless there is no german translation is available. > > Sure this is a possible solution, but in my opinion not a good one for two reasons: - possibly there are also people in other countries using Low Saxon, e.g. Nederland, US, who might expect a fallback in their second language - we have to provide 'extra'-versions of our translation, maybe solved by a script, but for more than two languages I think it's not handy for us I don't know how the text extraction in the applications exactly works, but it is probably a good point for the wishlist? What do you think? Greets Volker -- Volker Jockheck - volkae@gmx.net - Low Saxon translation team