List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: "Upper Sorbian" in different languages
From:       Marcin Bokszczanin <mboksz () bcig ! pl>
Date:       2004-04-27 18:22:31

> As far as I know history, but I may be wrong, Lužički Srbi are also known
> as "Prusi" or Prussians!?

You are very wrong. Prussians were Baltic tribes living in what is now
north-eastern Poland. They were either exterminated or germanized by German
Teutonic Knights in 13th to 15th century. As far as I know no traces of their
language remained.

Sorbians are a Western-Slavic community still living around Bautzen and
Cottbus in Germany. No connection at all between the two.

Marcin