List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: DocBook XML to PDF
From:       Jeroen Wijnhout <Jeroen.Wijnhout () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-04-22 13:26:49

On Thursday 22 April 2004 12:19, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Jeroen Wijnhout wrote:
> > What is the best way to convert KDE docs (in DocBook XML) to a single PDF
> > file (including screenshots and preferrably in the same KDE style)?
>
> Without the signature KDE style,
>
>     :sys SGML_CATALOG_FILES=$XMLdir/docbook/4.2/docbook.cat
>
>          xsltproc --catalogs onechunk.xsl exec.sgml > exec.html
>
>     :sys htmldoc -f exec.pdf exec.html
>
> (snipped from an AAP recipe for some docs). That's certainly the fastest
> way; making something fancy will require FOP and Java.

Thanks for the tip! Didn't quite get xsltproc to work (or FOP for that
matter), there are some problems with finding the correct xsl and dtd files.

However, I did manage to get the docbook2html + htmldoc combination to work.
docbook2pdf procudes a TeX file that gives nothing but errors when running
TeX on it.

Somehow I think my system (RH9) is somewhat messed up...

thanks,
Jeroen

--
Kile - KDE Integrated LaTeX Editor