List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Suggestion for statistic pages: complete top list instead of
From:       Kevin Donnelly <kevin () dotmon ! com>
Date:       2004-03-12 8:38:27

On Thursday 11 March 2004 11:17 pm, Per Lindström wrote:
> Another thing is that in GNOME there semes to the same total amount of
> messages (that is translated+fuzzy+untranslated) in every language.

Of course, if you want to confirm this, you have to add up each column
yourself - the GNOME pages don't include any of the useful "total" columns
the KDE ones have, even on the pages for individual languages.  So you have
to add up the same columns over and over again to see where you are.  I tend
to think this is because of a feeling that developer-libs and desktop are the
only two "important" packages.

The reason for the differering total number of messages by language in KDE is
that if no file in a package is translated, that package doesn't go into the
totals.  To me, that makes sense - a team might have decided, for instance,
that it was not going to touch any of the games.  In that case, including
them would distort the statistics.

--

Best wishes

Kevin Donnelly