List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Stats on a new basis?
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-02-24 10:11:01

On Monday 23 February 2004 22:25, Claudiu Costin wrote:
>       Dear Nicolas,
>
> On Lun 23 Feb 2004 12:42, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> [...]
>
> > > As I see on:
> > >   http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/HEAD/de/koffice/index.php
> > >
> > > 1) The GUI stats page say:
> > >  "last update: 2004-02-22 00:36"
> > >
> > > 2) The file "kwordoowriterfilter.po" exists in CVS:
> > >
> > > http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/kde-i18n/de/message
> > >s/ko ffice/kwordoowriterfilter.po?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain
> > >
> > > 3) The file "kwordoowriterfilter.pot" exists in CVS only in "Attic":
> > >
> > > http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/%7echeckout%7e/kde-i18n/templa
> > >tes/ koffice/Attic/kwordoowriterfilter.pot
> > >
> > > 4) The line with "kwordoowriterfilter.po" is marked as blue as is
> > > ilustrated in HTML snippet.

> > Is this light blue for you? For my notebook LCD screen, it is already
> > white. :-(
>
>   I verified on Toshiba Tecra 9100 laptop and all display normally. May be
> you played a bit to hard with gamma correction or your LCD it's quite bad.
> BTW, what laptop do you have? OTOH the #e0f0ff cannot be seen very easy
> as white #ffffff unless there's something bad with CRT/LDC display or
> card or user eyes.

I have never told that I had modern hardware with a LCD of today's quality.
Quite the contrary.

I was just surprised. That is all. I had never thought that Web Accessibility
Guidelines were necessary for that kind of problems too.

Just an idea that I had: errornous files and files without .pot are the only
information not in text but only in colour. However the Web Accessibility
Guideline tells that information cannot be in colour alone, especially due to
colourblind people, So my idea is that perhaps you could think about putting
the file names in brackets. For examples (nopotfile.po) or
[erronousfile.po] .

> kind regards,

Have a nice day!