List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Reminder KimDaBa release tomorrow.
From:       Thomas Diehl <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-02-12 5:24:05

Am Mittwoch, 11. Februar 2004 21:15 schrieb Jesper K. Pedersen:

> | I noticed during translation that the program still uses
> | "directory" although wie settled for "folder". Maybe this
> | can be changed after the release.
>
> Indeed.
> Is there a place with such rules?

Only thing I know of is
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/standards/kde/style/basics/terminology.html
but I don't think it covers the "folder" thing yet.

The agreement on this was just the outcome of a longish
discussion on core-devel shortly before the 3.2 message freeze.
I guess we should make up sort of a style guide and a list of
standard terms as a supplement for the UI Guidelines. Most
translation teams have something like this but not KDE as a
whole. As a result, many non-English versions are much more
consistent than the original.

Unfortunately, nobody found the time and the nerve to tackle such
a task yet. (And, no, I don't volunteer. This should be done by
a native speaker I think.)

Regards,

Thomas

--