List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Unicode fonts
From:       Mashrab Kuvatov <kmashrab () sat ! physik ! uni-bremen ! de>
Date:       2004-02-09 11:18:05

On Sunday 08 February 2004 17:45, Roger Kovacs wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am trying to find the source for the URW fonts.  Specifically the URW
> Bookman font.  One character utilized by the Tajik alphabet is not quite
> correct, and I need to determine how to get it updated.

Maintainer of URW-fonts, ones distributed with GS, is Valek Filippov
<frob@df.ru>. The sources of URW-fonts are
ftp://ftp.gnome.ru/fonts/sources/ and ftp://ftp.gnome.ru/fonts/urw/release/

Some time ago, I corrected Uzbek, Tajik, and Mongol glyph in Nimbus Sans,
Mono, and Roman. I sent them to Valek. So, I hope, soon he will add them
to his releases and distros update their urw-fonts packages.

Modified URW-fonts (Nimbus *) are available from
http://freax.homelinux.net/download/files/modified-urw-fonts.tar.bz2

Cheers,
Mashrab.
--