List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Crazy scripty ??
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-01-30 14:36:58

On Friday 30 January 2004 15:28, Heiko Evermann wrote:
> Hi Stephan
>
> > I think I fixed this very case (the script still runs though),
> > but please be very cautious with cvs updates before you
> > throw away old messages - debugging scripts that run for
> > over 12 hours is a bit of magic :)
>
> Even if it is a lot of work that scripty has to do, 12 hours definitely is
> too much. I searched the web, but did not find much information about scripty.
>

> What language(s) is it written in?
> What kind of machine is it?
> Is the code publicly available?
> Are there known limitations, known performance bottlenecks?
>
> Maybe there are some people in the list who might have some ideas to speed
> scripty up?
Well, the script that takes currently most time all in all is kde-i18n/msgsplit.pl.
I think, the UTF-8 sequencing part is no longer needed with modern msgmerge,
but I'm too lazy to get my perl knowledge uptodate :)

I guess, it should be rewritten from scratch - perhaps taking several files in account
in one run. Looking into it, but not promising anything :)

Greetings, Stephan

--
There may be no I in TEAM, but a M and an E.