List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: new language
From:       Rinse de Vries <rinse () kde ! nl>
Date:       2004-01-28 22:22:00

Op woensdag 28 januari 2004 21:27, schreef Heiko Evermann:
> How many people did you have? How far did You get?

We had about 20 volunteers, and about 5 actual translators.
i guess we had about 45% of kdelibs (ppptranslations.po not counted)
translated when the team broke up.

The problem with Frisian is that I can't write Frisian good enough to
translate it myself. In our team there were only 4 people with Linux
installed. All others used Windows.
During the time our team was active, quite a lot of Frisian Linux-users
contacted us wanting to download the Frisian modules. But none of them wanted
to help with the project.
After three months most of the members left the team. We tried for about a
year to bring new life into the project, but failed..

Ther are a lot of Frisian organisations that want to maintain the Frisian
language for the future (next to Dutch, Frisian is the second official
language in The Netherlands), we even have a Frisian Academy!! But none of
them were interested in supporting the project..

Kind regards,

Rinse