List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [K3b-user] Re: K3b 0.11 message freeze
From:       Thomas Diehl <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-01-23 6:15:41

Am Donnerstag, 22. Januar 2004 23:24 schrieb Cornelius
Schumacher:

> On Thursday 22 January 2004 19:41, Lukáš Tinkl wrote:
> > Well I'm sorry if I'll sound a bit harsh but developing OSS
> > is nothing personal - you're working in group with other
> > people! You don't really want to upset the hard working
> > translators by saying "this version will include no
> > transaltions".
>
> Stupid question: Is this really like translators feel?

It's at least how a lot of them feel.

> Isn't
> it logical and less restriciting to everybody to release the
> code first and translations later? It's not about not
> releasing translations but only about different timescales
> after all.

For many translators (and many users) an untranslated release is
like "no release at all". For translators, this is probably due,
partly, to their identification with "their KDE". For those
users, an untranslated app (and esp. one with lots of technical
terms like K3b) is simply a "no-go".

Regards,,

Thomas

--