List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    team on indic malayalam
From:       "Mahesh T. Pai" <paivakil () vsnl ! net>
Date:       2004-01-14 1:57:02

Hi!!

Any body working on supporting Malayalam (in_ML) for KDE?

What other KDE-specific mailing  lists should translators follow? (Did
I miss any other list?)

Does KDE handle indic rendering and reordering using Pango?
     If some other rendering engine is used, what exactly are files
     to be looked into to understand rendering issues?

(I am not sure where to ask next  question)

Is there  any [in]formal convention  regarding use of  unicode private
use area?  I think much of  Indic support gets stranded on this issue.
How do  non-Indic languages  handle the private  use area? If  not, is
there any need for standardisation?

How should rendering engines like pango handle rival font makers using
different areas in  the private use area for  same glyphs?  This seems
to be a very imminent threat in Indic languages)

Thanks in advance,

Mahesh T. Pai.

--

  Mahesh T. Pai, LL.M.,