List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Updates in khelpcenter userguide installation
From:       Gérard_Delafond <gerard () delafond ! org>
Date:       2003-12-25 7:30:31

Message 7
A running POSIX compatible UNIX system. UNIX's that are known to work with
KDE include: Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, HP-UX, and MkLinux. We are working to
make KDE available for more platforms soon.
=> AIX ? IRIX ?

Message 8
 We recommend that you reserve about 50MB if your system
supports shared libraries, and considerably more if it does not. If you need
or want to build KDE from the source tree, please remember to reserve about
100MB in <filename>/usr/src</filename>

=>$ du -sh /opt/kde32/ (complete binaries)
493M    /opt/kde32
=>$ du -sh kde3.2cvs/ (compiled source)
2,9G    kde3.2cvs

Message 10
The Qt libraries, version 3.0.2
=>3.2.x or 3.3

Message 12
=>ac_default_prefix=${KDEDIR:-/usr/local/kde}

Message 13
Linux: Installing RPMs for RedHat, Caldera and SuSE.
=>Replace Caldera with Mandrake

Message 15
You need at least kdesupport,
kdelibs and kdebase.
=>Remove kdesupport
=>Add arts

Message 17
=>Replace kdesupport with arts

Message 22
This will unpack the base distribution and install it by default in
<filename>/opt/kde</filename>.
=>in /usr/local/kde

Message 25
The installation for a Debian system is also rather straightforward. You
will only find KDE 2.0 packages for Debian 2.2 (Potato) and 3.0 (Woody). We
describe here how to install packages for Debian 2.2, the stable version,
since Debian 3.0 is still in development. However, the installation for both
versions, is almost identical. The main difference is that KDE is officially
included in Debian 3.0 and you do not need to specify any special location
to find the deb packages for KDE.
=>Obsolete

Message 26
The first step is to tell your system where it can find the deb packages for
KDE. A list of locations for the Debian packages is kept on your hard disk
in <filename>/etc/apt/sources.list</filename>. You should add to that file
the following line: <userinput>http://kde.tdyc.com/ stable kde2</userinput>
=>obsolete

Message 36
The control files for some KDE applications will be placed at <filename
class=\"directory\">/etc/kde2</filename>, the executables will go in
<filename class=\"directory\">/usr/bin</filename>
=>verify (I have no Debian)

Message 47
Qt development version 2.2 or higher.
=>3.2

Message 50
kdesupport-<replaceable>version</replaceable>.tar.gz
=>arts

Message 55
/usr/src/kdesupport
=>arts

Message 59
Make sure you have write permissions to <filename>/opt/kde</filename>.
=>/usr/local/kde

Message 68 (result of ./configure --help in kdelibs)
=>Completely obsolete

Message 70
By default, configure will look
in <filename>/opt/kde</filename> . If you want to install KDE into
=>see above

Message 73
You must install KDE in the following order: kdesupport, kdelibs,
=>see above

Message 80
La procédure suivante a été testée sur SuSE Linux 5.0,
=>I would be curious to see KDE 3.2 compile on Suse 5.0

Message 81
export PATH=$PATH:/opt/kde/bin \n
export KDEDIR=/opt/kde
=>/usr/local/kde