List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: moving translation from 3_1 branch to HEAD?
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-12-19 14:28:35

On Friday 19 December 2003 07:00, Richard Čepas wrote:
> On Thursday 18 December 2003 22:52, Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg@snafu.de>
wrote:
> > On Thursday 18 December 2003 21:23, Richard Čepas wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > What is the best way to move translations from KDE_3_1_BRANCH to HEAD?
> > > I would use msgmerge on individual .po files, but there are too many
> > > changes/splits/merges in files.
> >
> > Would simply copying them to CVS HEAD not be the best way? Then Scripty
> > will change them again. (Of course, this is asssuming that you have not
> > any new translation in CVS HEAD only.)
>
> 	But the problem is how to handle renamed, moved and splitted files.  Would
> the "Scripty" handle that?  And I think CVS checks if file is up-to date
> when committing it.

The idea is to replace CVS HEAD files with something that you already have. If
the file has the same name it is of course the easiest. If it has been
splited in KDE CVS HEAD, then you need to copy the file two times; if it has
been deleted, then well, you have nothing to do then.

As for the CVS check, sure CVS checks the version number. But you are free to
do what you want with that file, including replacing it.

If you do not feel well about it, you do not need to do everything at the same
time. Start with an easy file or on contrary with the file that you think
will be the most difficult. Do not forget, if it does not work out, as you
have planned it, there is always the old version in CVS.

Have a nice day!