List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: What's This Strings (after .0 release)
From:       Thomas Diehl <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-12-19 6:05:56

Am Donnerstag, 18. Dezember 2003 23:35 schrieb Mark Bucciarelli:

> Over at kde-debian (Navindra's Conquering the Desktop
> project), we have some interesting in making a big push to get
> alot of What This strings into KDE. Waldo mentioned that there
> is a short period of time after the .0 release when the string
> freeze releases.
>
> Can we add a bunch of What's This strings at that point in
> time?  The hope is that there will be a lot of them ... to
> complete some applications entirely.

Sorry, but not for the 3.2 (or any 3.2.x) release. Not sure to
what degree the message freeze was suspended but I strongly
suggest to make this an "only if necessary for real important
bugfixes" thing and to keep the "no new strings, no new
features" policy for the x.x.x releases. Most translation teams
still have a lot of work to do anyway.

Regards,

Thomas

--