List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [OT] Why was the List-id changed?
From:       Casey Allen Shobe <cshobe () softhome ! net>
Date:       2003-11-29 20:42:06

On Fri, November 28 2003 10:19, Federico Cozzi wrote:
> Hi all,
> why is the List-id of this list constantly changing?
>
> I set up an email filtering rule based on the list-id, but it continues to
> break. This is the third time I've updated the rule.
>
> Please stop this useless renaming (this time it was from
> kde-i18n-doc.mail.kde.org to kde-i18n-doc.kde.org).

I see this happen on a few different KDE mailing lists, seemingly at random,
probably based upon the E-mail address that the sender sent the post to.
I've consequencially made all of my KMail filters use a regular expression
match on the List-ID header, for example '<kde-i18n-doc.*\.kde\.org>'.  I
don't know why it's constantly changing (it is very aggravating), but this
will make it transparent to you.

--
Casey Allen Shobe
cshobe@softhome.net