List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kdeextragear-1/2
From:       Malcolm Hunter <malcolm.hunter () gmx ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-11-28 15:45:03

Hi Tamas,

On Friday 28 Nov 2003 15:04, Tamas Szanto wrote:
> As a translator I want to get a clear picture on what needs to be done
> until the next release. As there is only one statistics page for the
> development branch, a lot of people use it to track the translations'
> progress. Many distributions provide links to it for reference. The
> inclusion of
> kdeextragear-n suggests that these packages will be included in a
> release soon, which is not true.

Okay. As a proof reader using the en_GB module as a means to check every
translatable string, I want exactly the same as you. There is nothing on the
page to suggest that this is what is going to be released for KDE 3.2. It has
been mentioned several times on this list that there are different release
schedules for koffice and kde and also that the extragear modules were set up
to house non-release applications.

Maybe someone can update the site so that each translation team's HEAD page
points out which modules are to be part of the which release.

> I didn't "criticize" anything, just wanted to note that getting an overview
> of the impending KDE and KOffice releases is more important
> than the overview of the entire KDE CVS. If only one of them can be
> maintained, the former is preferable.

Okay, fair enough - it's just the way that you expressed yourself made it look
like you were complaining. It's not the entire cvs - just important modules
to be translated. Some of the distros pick out apps from extragear too.

Regards,
Malcolm
--
KDE Proof Reading Team