List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kdeextragear-1/2
From:       Malcolm Hunter <malcolm.hunter () gmx ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-11-27 21:55:26

On Thursday 27 Nov 2003 21:17, Tamas Szanto wrote:
> Why were these packages added to the PO statistics pages?
> As far as I know, they won't be included in the 3.2 release.
> The statistics page should include exactly those messages that
> will be in the KDE 3.2 release tarball, *nothing more, nothing
> less*.
> The same applies to the unmasked KOffice components
> (KPlato, Kexi, whatever).

Why shouldn't they be included? It doesn't say "PO stats on KDE 3.2 branch";
it says "PO stats on HEAD". It's up to each translation team as to whether
they want to translate the non-release modules. I can understand objection to
the stats on KDE 3.1 branch having kdeextragear-1/2, as this doesn't make
sense - there's no branch of that name for these:

symbolic names:
        k3b_0_10_branch: 1.8.0.10
        k3b_angel_branch: 1.8.0.8
        k3b_0_9_branch: 1.8.0.6
        k3b_dvd_rw_branch: 1.8.0.4
        k3b_0_8_branch: 1.8.0.2
        kde2_dev: 1.2.0.4
        k3b-0_5_0: 1.2.0.2
        alpha-0-3-1: 1.2
        start: 1.1.1.1
        k3b: 1.1.1

When HEAD is opened again, the 3.2 branch should then only include the
released modules.

Don't you think Claudiu with the help of others at:

http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/about.html

has gone to a lot of effort to provide a very professional overview of the
work that the teams are doing to help them? I think a bit of appreciation is
in order and not criticism, don't you?

Regards,
Malcolm
--