List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [krfb doc] element chapter: validity error
From:       Antoni Bella Perez <vasten () telefonica ! net>
Date:       2003-11-22 16:08:26

A Dissabte 22 Novembre 2003 12:39, Lauri Watts va escriure:
> On Saturday 22 November 2003 11.34, Antoni Bella Perez wrote:
> >   Hello
> >
> >   Catalan Team (ca):
> > 	  krfb documentation not build by problems in the docbook document (see
> > 	atachment).
> >
> >   Toni
>
> Hi Toni,

  Hi

> From the log, it seems you are replacing CREDIT_FOR_TRANSLATORS with
> <othercredit>...(credits here)...</othercredit>.  This won't work, the
> othercredit is only valid in the front section, where it replaces
> ROLES_FOR_TRANSLATORS instead.
>
> For the CREDIT_FOR_TRANSLATORS one, use just simple paragraphs (<para>) or
> a list.  The formatting is up to you, either is fine.

  Ooops!! Yes, he was this.

> For what it's worth, Philip Rodrigues and i have been working on some lint
> scripts to help with this kind of thing.  One to compare documents against
> a 'word list' to check for common spelling/grammar/wrong-word errors (e.g.,
> e-mail -> email and folder -> directory, and yes it just lists them, it
> doesn't make any changes).  The other is a basic style checker for the
> docs, to find things that checkXML or meinproc either cannot find
> (misplaced translator credit placeholders) or can find, but give unclear or
> very hard to understand error messages.

  OK, will be useful. I have a script in perl and kdialog/*dialog (in
construction) which only parsing msgstr and looks for words to find errors
and to unite translation styles. In fact it is a hack "read/show" of "kdesdk/
scripts/kde-spellcheck.pl". :))

> They're not quite ready for public consumption, but I hope they will be
> soon, and that this will be the last release we have such sticky
> documentation issues turning up.
>
> Regards,

  Thanks for you help Lauri

  Regards
  Toni
--

  Sort

######## Antoni Bella Perez ####################                             |
# http://www.terra.es/personal7/bella5/home.htm
## Correu-e :	<bella5 AT teleline DOT es>	##,
## ID de Jabber: vasten AT jabber DOT org	## i
col·laborador dels projectes:
	Debian en català: http://www.debian.org/index.ca.html
	KDE en català: http://ca.i18n.kde.org/
	T.P: http://www2.iro.umontreal.ca/~pinard/po/registry.cgi?team=ca