List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: ANNOUNCE: another shift in 3.2 schedule
From:       "Erik K. Pedersen" <erik () binghamton ! edu>
Date:       2003-11-14 12:55:57

Fredag 14 november 2003 02:34   skrev Gérard Delafond:
> > Also, there are some entirely new docs to commit (mostly for new KControl
> > modules) - is it ok with i18n to commit those directly, without holding
> > them? They won't cause fuzzies, having never existed, and some of the
> > teams may get a chance to already have them translated for 3.2 in that
> > case.

I think the freezing of docbooks is exaggerated. It is very rare it has any
bad effect. Unlike the GUI it has no effect on the translated docbooks that
the English docbooks change. The only change happens when we run update_xml,
and then even not if the docbook's po-file has a fuzzy. Also if the
translation of a docbook is way behind it should be removed because otherwise
valuable (if not translated) information will be hidden from the user.

So yes the freeze of the GUI strings is very important, but I don't see why
the docbooks have to be frozen more than a couple of days towrds the end. The
only thing that ius needed in the freeze-period is that whenever the docbooks
are changed, the pot-files should be produced immediately, and themerging
should be done, so that we don't run update_xml against a newer docbook.

Erik