List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Re[2]: "Folder" or "Directory"?
From:       Thomas Diehl <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-10-26 4:26:15

Am Sonntag, 26. Oktober 2003 01:22 schrieb Craig Drummond:

> > I'm agree. I don't think this change can be usefull, just because someone
> > create the standard words and sell his OS over all the world we have to
> > change our way of call directory.
>
> Nothing to do with another OS.

Well, I think it also has to do with other "OSs" (or, strictly speaking:
"GUIs"). Originally, the term came from Atari and MacOS. Since MS followed,
about the whole GUI world has "folder" and our main target group is used to
this term, ie people who are not Unix freaks (and yes, privately I will
probably always use "directory" myself).

Thomas

--
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org
Deutsche KDE-Uebersetzung: http://i18n.kde.org/teams/de