List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: "Folder" or "Directory"?
From:       Thomas Diehl <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-10-20 17:43:49

Am Montag, 20. Oktober 2003 19:03 schrieb Toplica Tanasković:

>         Can this be postponed for next release? It would be a hell of job
> to change every occurence in .po and in docs.

Well, theoretically it could be postponed. Problem is we have this change
pending for years now and always lacked people who were actually willing to
do this job in the original code. Now we have at least two of them but nobody
knows how busy and willing they will be several months from now.

Besides, we have quite a few translation teams who use their equivalent for
"folder" anyway (no matter what the original says) and lots of others who
wait with 3.2 translation until the message freeze. For most of them, it
won't be exactly what I would call "a hell of a job", just a mid size fuzzy
remove or search and replace thing (depending of course on peculiarities of
the respective language such as declination, gender and so on). Also remember
that there will be a 3.2.x series with no further string changes, as usual.

Therefore, I would really like to get this over with now and only postpone it
if there is a real uproar from a lot of teams.

Regards,

Thomas

--
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org