List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: <author> tag problems
From:       Lauri Watts <lauri () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-10-15 20:27:59

On Wednesday 15 October 2003 15.09, Andrea Rizzi wrote:
> Alle 12:03, mercoledì 15 ottobre 2003, Lauri Watts ha scritto:
> > On Wednesday 15 October 2003 11.24, Andrea Rizzi wrote:
> > > I still have problems with the author tag...
> > > po2xml generate empty <author></author>
> > > (see kformula documentation)
> >
> > I think it's the affiliation tag that is giving trouble, but the docbook
> > is perfectly valid so I'm not really sure.
> >
> > In any case, affiliation is no longer necessary, so I have updated the
> > kformula template.  If this fixes it for you, I'll go through  and make
> > sure there aren't any more.
>
> I did a msgmerge and translated the new entry but still empty <author>

Well, I forgot that koffice is still using the older DTD and that affiliation
is still required, so I had to put it back in.

I still can't figure out why this doc is broken though, and I can't see
anything different about it to the other KOffice docs.

I'm not sure what to do next, could you perhaps send me the .po file, or  if
it's in CVS let me know, so I can play with msgmerge some and see if I can
figure out what or why it''s breaking?

The only other thing I can think of is different gettext versions - the
machine I do the templates on tells me it has gettext 0.12.1.  Coolo, could
it be this? I remember a version upgrade of gettext giving problems once a
long while ago.

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts