List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Two translations for Uzbekistan
From:       Roman Maurer <roman.maurer () amis ! net>
Date:       2003-10-03 20:31:00

Danilo Segan pravi:

> Actually, a month or so ago all the translations were hand-converted to
> cyrillic, so KDE now has Serbian support in cyrillic only. They
> actually decided not to allow them to include both translations in CVS
> because of "space limits", and latin will be included only prior to
> releases.

Since Serbian latin is only transliteration of Serbian cyrillic and
they're both "piši kao što govoriš", there is a simple sed script that
could convert the translations from cyrillic to latinic.  So IMHO this
is for the best - it's no use of having two trees for essentially the
same translations.

I don't know what the situation with the Uzbek cyrillic is, but it might
be different in the sense that there's entire different writing system
for cyrillic and latin (like leaving English names in latin for latin
and converting them to their pronounciations in cyrillic).  Mashrab, is
that so?
--
	Pozdrav,
	  Roman